This is a large-scale, Web-based platform/framework/API that combines a centralized database with various client presentations.
The BMLT is used daily by tens of thousands of users, and has been localized in several languages.
The BMLT is 100% open-source; so links to the code repositories associated with the projects mentioned on this page will be provided.
CURRENT BMLT IOS APPS
These are a couple of apps that connect to centralized BMLT “Root” servers, and provide a search interface. There is also an administration app.
- This is a “Very Quick Meeting Finder” app that was designed to be a “no brainer.” It leverages the BMLTiOSLib and a BMLT spinoff project, called “Sandwich” to provide the ability to search all over the world; wherever the BMLT is deployed.
- You can see the BMLT coverage area here. This app will work anywhere within that coverage area.
- This is the source code repo for the app. Note that the default branch is the Master Branch, and may contain code for unreleased versions (Release versions are tagged).
- This is a comprehensive meeting search app, using the BMLTiOSLib and the worldwide Sandwich server. It is destined to eventually replace all of the below search apps.
- This is the source code repo for this project.
- This is an app that was designed specifically for authorized Administrators of BMLT servers. It also utilizes the BMLTiOSLib.
- The BMLT allows Server admins to create Administrator accounts; specifically authorized to manage certain portions of the server database.
- This app allows these administrators to use their iPhones or iPads to manage their meetings.
- This is the source code repo for the app. As above, the default branch is the Master Branch.
- Although not an Apple App Store project, the BMLTiOSLib is a general-purpose SDK for iOS apps. It is used in the above apps.
- This is a set of pages that provide a detailed description of the library, and guidance in its application.
- This is the BMLTiOSLib CocoaPod Page, which has links to the source code repo for the app. As above, the default branch is the Master Branch, but it matters less with this project, which doesn’t see too many changes, and doesn’t require an Apple approval process for releases.
DEPRECATED BMLT IOS APPS
NOTE: Even though these are listed as “deprecated,” they are still 64-bit apps that will operate correctly in iOS 11. The main thing is that they are not destined to be updated in the future, and will be replaced by a smaller set of apps.
The following are apps that were written for specific localities, and carry branding for those localities.
These apps are all produced as variants of a single Objective-C codebase, and are destined to be replaced by a new app that will leverage the BMLTiOSLib; used by the NA Meeting Finder app. The new apps are designed to work all over the world, without focusing on specific localities.
This is the source code repo for all of these apps. There is only a Master branch for the repo.
- This is a comprehensive meeting search app that was developed specifically for NA Sweden. It is localized in Swedish, as well as English (NOTE: All localizations apply to all variants of this app).
- This is a comprehensive meeting search app that was developed specifically for NA Australia.
- This is a comprehensive meeting search app that was developed specifically for NA Ireland.
- NOTE: NA Ireland also has an Android and another iOS app they wrote. This was a separate effort, using a cross-platform framework (Ionic), and was not done by Little Green Viper.
- This is a comprehensive meeting search app that was developed specifically for NA Hawaii. It covers meetings over the entire island chain, as well as Guam.
- This is a comprehensive meeting search app that was developed specifically for The Southern California Region of NA. It covers meetings mostly in the LA area.
- This is a comprehensive meeting search app that was developed specifically for The San Diego Imperial Counties Region of NA. It covers meetings mostly in the central San Diego area.
- This is a comprehensive meeting search app that was developed originally for The Tejas-Bluebonnet Region of NA; However, it has expanded to encompass an enormous swath of southern and middle America.
- This is a comprehensive meeting search app that was developed specifically for The Statewide Shared Services for New Jersey NA.
Non-BMLT Open-Source Projects:
This is a rather silly “toy” app that was developed as a teaching project while learning iOS programming, then later, while learning Swift (It was completely rewritten).
Despite its rather innocuous purpose, it has proven to be a fairly popular app (None of the apps on this page can hold a candle to “for real” popular apps on the App Store, apps, as these apps were all designed for a very specific, very small, audience).
Here is the source code repo for this project. It only has a Master branch.
These are a few links to collections of apps and repos, discussed above.